The DC Improv is observing all safety protocols required by the city. Additional protocols also may be put in place for a show at the request of the artist or the discretion of the venue.
Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
What we’re doing
- Some artists are requesting vaccination requirements for their shows. When that policy is in place, it will be clearly indicated on the ticketing page.
- For some shows, a vaccination requirement is being put in place at the discretion of the venue (for example, when a majority of available tickets were already sold under the city's short-lived vaccination mandate).
- Reserved tables. For some events (but not all), a section of our showroom is being sold as tables, for customers who want to guarantee that they will not share a table with other parties.
- Employees wearing masks. Employees are wearing cloth masks for the time being.
- Cleaning. All high-contact surfaces are being sanitized regularly with EPA-approved disinfectants.
- Checking customers in outside. Whenever the weather permits our check-in process will be outdoors, to allow for distancing as people wait to enter the venue.
What we’re asking of you
- If you’re not feeling well, stay home ... and get better!
- If your show is marked as having a vaccination requirement, please have your proof of vaccination and a photo ID ready to go when you check in.
Venue improvements (we've been busy while you've been gone)
- HVAC upgrades. We’re protecting our guests with the best-in-class indoor air quality solution on the market. We have installed Dynamic Air Cleaning Technology that captures the droplet nuclei that play a critical role in aerosol transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Our new system exceeds MERV 15 standards, rivaling HEPA filters. We also installed a new ventilation system in our kitchen.
- Brand spankin' new bathrooms: The bathrooms in our main showroom have been renovated and have all new contactless fixtures.
- Sanitizer stations. Additional hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the venue.
- New floors and carpets everywhere.
- New ceiling tiles and fresh paint.
- A beautiful new bar!