The Other Side Podcast
Whenever we get the chance, we talk to funny people about comedy and other stuff. It's all free for your to listen ...
The answers (and the winner) will be posted right here on The Other Side Blog on Friday afternoon. And if you want to play trivia tonight, come on down to the club for Happy Hour Trivia. Doors open at 6:30, game starts at 7:05. All kinds of details over on the schedule section of this website.
Look, it's going to be bitter-ass cold today. Just accept your fate, stay indoors and listen to the following podcasts from our upcoming headliners.
- The Other Side: The DC Improv's in-house podcast talks to Jason Weems, the headliner in our lounge for Feb. 28.
- Christina Pazsitzky (March 5-8): Christina talks about "50 Shades of Grey" -- and how it relates to Focault -- on the latest That's Deep, Bro.
- Todd Glass (April 2-4): James Adomian is Todd's guest on this short (for Todd) episode of the Todd Glass Show. Only 2.5 hours.
- Gilbert Gottfried (May 15-17): Gilbert is chatting with Ken Berry, who once starred on "F-Troop" and worked with some of the biggest starts in comedy history. Another fun Amazing Colossal Podcast!
- Jake Johannsen (May 21-24): Today's edition of the Jakethis podcast: "Ultra Secure with Emery Emery and my wife."
- Bert Kreischer (June 11-13): Bert did a special 2/17 episode from a morning show in Tampa; lots of day-drinking and general merriment.
- Ari Shaffir (July 17-19): We just put Ari on our calendar. The latest episode of The Skeptic Tank was on 2/16, and it's all about the Oscars.
Jason Weems brings good-ass jokes to the DC Improv Lounge on February 28 (Saturday). So naturally, we forced him to drive 17 hours in rush-hour traffic to be our guest for episode 2 of our podcast. Find out about Jason's start in comedy, whether teaching kindergarten translates to the stage, and the secret to getting great at crowd work.
We've pretty much established that the only relevant use of the Internet is helping you avoid top 40 radio during your 90-minute commute. Here's a roundup of podcasts put out by our upcoming headliners in recent weeks:
- Pete Holmes (February 20-22): On the 2/11 episode of You Made It Weird, Pete did his thing with comedian Drew Michael.
- Christina Pazsitzky (March 5-8): Christina and her husband, Tom Segura, posted a new episode of Your Mom's House on 2/12.
- Todd Glass (April 2-4): If you've got three hours to kill, Todd Glass has a very special guest on the 2/13 episode of The Todd Glass Show: comedian Rory Scovel! Rory is headlining the Improv on April 23-25, a few weeks after todd.
- Gilbert Gottfried (May 15-17): Right on top of the 40th anniversary of SNL, Gilbert (a former SNL cast member!) talked to Alan Zweibel, one of the first writers for SNL, for the 2/15 episode of The Amazing Colossal Podcast.
It's been a few years, but we finally got our podcast back from the shop! For the first episode, headliner Tom Rhodes talks about one of his hobbies: Visiting his favorite dead people. We can't think of a better podcast for the Valentine's Day weekend.
As surely as the sun rises in the east, pods continue to be cast ... Lots of our headliners have regular podcasts that you can get for free on the Interwebs. Here's a roundup of recent episodes:
- Tom Rhodes (February 12-15): Comedy connoisseurs will love this one: Today, Tom posted an hour-plus interview with the legendary comedian and producer Paul Provenza.
- Christina Pazsitzky (March 5-8): Christina talks about Zen and surfing on the latest episode of "That's Deep Bro," her philosophy-rooted podcast.
- Todd Glass (April 2-4): Todd did a live edition of The Todd Glass show at the San Francisco Sketchfest and posted it last Friday. About 100 minutes, with special guest Andy Peters.
- Gilbert Gottfried (May 15-17): Another really fun episode of the Amazing Colossal Podcast, as Gilbert talks with Chuck McCann. Chuck's not a household name, but (like Gilbert) he is a household voice. For example, he's the guy who gave us "I'm cuckoo for cocoa puffs." What more do you need?
- Jake Johannsen (May 21-24): We added Jake to our schedule last week. In the 2/3 edition of the Jakethis podcast, he talks to his wife for an hour. And if anyone can make talking to their wife interesting, it's Jake.
A hundred years ago, you were lucky to have anything more than a party line. Today, you can download three hours of Todd Glass before you finish a cup of coffee. Finally, technology has achieved its true purpose. We can stop inventing things. Lots of our headliners have regular podcasts that you can get for free on the Interwebs. Here's a roundup of recent episodes:
- Tom Rhodes (February 12-15): Tom has one hell of a get for the 1/28 edition of Tom Rhodes Radio -- he actually chats with Steve Wozniak, the co-founder of Apple Computer. This episode runs an hour and 20 minutes.
- Pete Holmes (February 20-22): The wildly popular You Made It Weird recorded a live episode at SF Sketchfest on 1/28. Guests include Emo Phillips.
- Christina Pazsitzky (March 5-8): Like most comedians, Christina studied philosophy at Oxford. On the 2/2 episode of That's Deep Bro, she gets into Plato and the philosophy of humor with fellow comedian Matt Braunger.
- Gilbert Gottfried (May 15-17): The Amazing Colossal Podcast features Gilbert interviewing comedy and movie stars. If your need your mind blown, go download the 2/1 episode. It has Gilbert talking for an hour with GARY BUSEY.
- Bert Kreischer (June 11-13): In the 2/2 episode of The Bertcast, Bert sits down with the pleasantly filthy comedian Shane Mauss for a leisurely two-hour chat.